Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Diverse, I Am!

Qtr 1, Blog Post #3
_______________

In two articles recently published by Washington Post, the authors feature some creatures (...mammals and animals!  The nerd in me loves all the rhymes!).  These living beings, while common, swim and stand to their own unique color schemes (NOTE the alliteration!)

Tall and White.  According to an article entitled "Rare white giraffes spotted in Kenya" by Thomas Johnson, "White giraffes are rarely spotted in the wild, and the conservation group said it's aware of only two previous confirmed sightings — in Kenya and Tanzania."  I am so glad they did!  How beautiful...and odd-looking...they are!  Watching them in the video, I could only think that how perfect they look, yet how curious they look.  Through no choice of their own, they were created just to be white and unique.

Music and Ears. I, too, have an oddity in my life.  I play the piano yet have never had a "real" lesson in my life.  If I hear a song long enough, I can play it.  And weirder still?  The less I think about the song I am playing, the better the fingers play the song.  This gift I treasure and use this unique blessing only to bless others, playing the piano at church, for weddings, and for funerals, never accepting pay, for this talent I do not own.  I am simply the vessel through which the piano is played.

Surely, during this tumultuous time in our country and world, we should look around, find the unique and appreciate even more why each was created as he/she was, especially when endowed with gifts beyond our control.  Embrace and magnify the "oddities" to the betterment of ourselves and be a blessing to those with whom we have contact, always striving to make our current setting a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment